BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY
Read these sentences:
- Mother, I do not need a blind date. Particularly not with some verbally incontinent spinster who smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish and dresses like her mother. (Mark)
- At times like this, continuing with one's life seems impossible... and eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable. I have two choices: to give up and accept permanent state of spinsterhood and eventually be eaten by alsatians... or not, and this time i choose not. I will not be defeated by a bad man and an American stick insect! Instead, i choose vodka. And Chaka Khan. (Bridget)
Look the movie and answer:
- Who is the “verbally incontinent spinster”?
- Who are the “bad man and the American stick insect”?
- What’s a blind date? Do you like it? Have you ever had a blind date?
Read these tips and write some sentences using SHOULD.
- You should say yes to all invites.
- You shouldn’t spend too much time on the phone before a blind date.