domenica 13 dicembre 2009

The Green Mile

"The Green Mile" is a 1999 American drama film directed by Frank Darabont and adapted by him from the 1996 Stephen King novel of the same name. The film stars Tom Hanks as Paul Edgecomb and Michael Clarke Duncan as John Coffey.

The film is primarily about Paul and his life as a corrections officer on Death Row in the 1930s. The movie is told in flashback by the protagonist in a nursing home and follows a string of supernatural events upon the arrival of John, a man convicted, but not guilty, of murder.


Leggi i brani, guarda il film, scegli il tuo brano preferito e motiva la tua risposta.

- There was no death row at Cold Mountain, only E Block, set apart from the other four and about a quarter their size, brick instead of wood, with a horrible bare metal roof that glared in the summer sun like a delirious eyeball.

- He looked like he could have snapped the chains that held him as easily as you might snap the ribbons on a Christmas present, but when you looked in his face, you knew he wasn't going to do anything like that.

- "Your name is John Coffey.""Yes, sir, boss, like the drink only not spelled the same way."

- "I'm rightly tired of the pain I hear and feel, boss. I'm tired of bein on the road, lonely as a robin in the rain. Not never havin no buddy to go on with or tell me where we's comin from or goin to or why. I'm tired of people bein ugly to each other. It feels like pieces of glass in my head. I'm tired of all the times I've wanted to help and couldn't." I'm tired of bein in the dark. Mostly it's the pain. There's too much. If I could end it, I would. But I cain't.

- "He kill them with they love", John said. "They love for each other. You see how it was?" I nodded, incapable of speech.He smiled. The tears were flowing again, but he smiled. "That's how it is every day", he said, "all over the world."

- We each owe a death, there are no exceptions, I know that, but sometimes, oh God, the Green Mile is so long. (closing line)

In quanti e quali Paesi è permessa la pena di Morte? Scopri la mappa

Do you agree or disagree with Death Penalty? Why? Answer and discuss with your friend.

For more information, Amnesty International

Prova anche il FilmProject presso il sito dei Lettori di Roma3

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento